Dec 28, 2010

Hi!

Originally posted March 6, 2010
Since you found this blog, you know me or have ties to Real Life Church. Those that know me know I am an insane saver, but it has not always been that way. My name is Meghan and for the most part, I am a stay at home mom. For well over a year I have wanted to share my family's story of digging out of debt and becoming credit card debt free. Five years ago we were at least 50K in credit card debt, not to mention the car payments, and 40K in student loans. Financially, life was looking bleak and we weren’t done racking up debt. I will honestly tell you how the debt was acquired and the steps we took to eliminate it.
I have always been a coupon user and sale seeker. Basically, if I can't get it for more than 60% off, I don't buy it. However, groceries and personal care items were not included. I knew how to take advantage of sales and stock piles items we use a lot when they are cheap, but weekly shopping was still racking up a $400 in our monthly spending. Last Novemeber, I started reading deals blogs and began implementing their tactics to save. I will not reinvent the deal blog, but I will share deals that I think are the best. Aside from deals, I will detail how we spend our limited income to maximize our quality of life. For now, I can tell you our life style has changed and it’s not a life every one would want to have, but I’m hopeful you can take pieces and apply it to your situation.