Apr 13, 2011

20 gallons of milk...easy come, easy go

Last week I mentioned getting 90 boxes of Kellogg's cereals and 30 catalinas good for free milk. I'm happy to report that Portland Police Sunshine Division picked up the cereal last Wednesday and yesterday the kids and I took care of the milk.
I made sure to bring my camera to photograph 20 gallons of milk in the trunk of the Honda Civic, but no photos were taken during our fastest trip to Albies--ever. When I purchased the cereal, I ordered 20 gallons of milk, since I was not going to buy out all the 2% milk at Albies and leave them with a big hole in their milk section. The guys at the 4th Plain Albies have made ordering easy--thank you Nate and Johnny! When I arrived at Albies yesterday I saw Johnny right away and he went and got the milk for me, checked me out, and put all the milk in the trunk--incredible service. Thank goodness, because I had two little monkeys that were not in the mood for another of mommy's couponing adventures. After Albies, we made the short drive over to Share House to drop off the milk. Off loading the milk went smoothly and my kids like making deliveries to Share House.

I'm disappointed about missing a great picture opportunity--I may never have 20 gallons of milk in the Civic again! In honor of our great milk donation, here is my little guy enjoying a tasty beverage.

No comments: