Apr 22, 2011

Easy Hard Boiled Eggs

My kids love hard boiled eggs and I boil up a dozen or so per week. It doesn't matter what color the yolk is, my kids throw it out, but for those who care, this is the easiest way I have found that does not produce green/gray yolks.




Place eggs in a pot and cover the eggs with water






Cover pot
Cook on high until a rolling boil
Once rolling boil is achieved, leave covered, turn off burner and set timer to 14 minutes (I do not remove from burner)




Shock eggs by taking them out of the pot with a slotted spoon and placing in cold water








Enjoy!






Fred Meyer: 18 count eggs 3/$5 with in-ad coupon, limit 3
WinCo: 12 count eggs $1.08, limit 4
Safeway: 18 count eggs $1.99 with in-ad coupon (must buy $10 worth of groceries), limit 2
Chuck's Produce: 12 count eggs $0.99 , no limit stated

No comments: