Jan 10, 2011

Asking for what you want; then Waiting

Originally posted June 4, 2010
Professor and I are very limited between the space the fridge can go into and our budget, that only one fridge was available. I was ready to remodel the kitchen, but we have enough things going on. I know I did not get a screaming deal on the fridge--it was 10% off and there was a $40 mail in rebate (MIR) for this brand of fridge. The only problem with the MIR, was the date had expired two days before we bought the fridge, yet there were 3 signs up promoting the MIR. I pointed them out and was given the $40 discount on the spot. I liked that, plus it lessened sales tax! The fridge is listed for $629 and we bought it for $501.10.

I sat around waiting for this beauty to be delivered yesterday and finally called only to be told it was scheduled for June 10. WHAT?!? What a waste of time--I had already taken off all the outlet covers and removed as many nails from the walls as I could. So, I loaded up the kids and headed to my new favorite store.

No comments: