Jan 11, 2011

Effective Giving: School Supplies

Originally posted August 31, 2010

Although my kids are not in school, I have been purchasing school supplies since early July. Now that I have a nice supply, we will head over to Share House and drop them off. As with any deals, I always keep my eyes open—whether it be school supplies or items to put away for birthday or Christmas gifts.

.:. 14 6-ct highlighters
.:. 1 10-ct Crayola markers
.:. 10 24-ct Crayola crayons
.:. 1 pencil case
.:. 21 10-ct pens
.:. 8 highlighters
.:. 6 pencil sharpeners
.:. 6 rulers
.:. 3 glue combo packs
.:. 6 blunt scissors
.:. 1 15-ct cap erasers
.:. 3 2-ct G2 pens
.:. 6 1-subject notebooks
.:. 3 20-ct Crayola washable markers
.:. 15 10-ct pencils
.:. 3 12-ct pencils

I did not keep track of the total cost, but no item cost more than 20¢. Most items were 5¢ or less, some items I only paid sales tax, and a few items were worked into deals that resulted in overage or money back from a mail in rebate.

No comments: