Jan 10, 2011

Giving Credit Where Credit is Due

Originally posted March 22, 2010
Do you fill out surveys/How are we doing questionnaires found at the bottom of receipts? Are you more willing to take part in a survey if there is a code to write down for extra savings? This past week I had three surveys for money off or a free item at the bottom of various receipts. I will save $2 at Albertsons, $2 at the pet store, and get free Pronto Guc at Baja Fresh in the near future. Filling these surveys out gives the company feedback and helps me too.
Mostly I get surveys at the end of Walgreens and Rite Aid receipts. I take part in those as well, even though there is no immediate incentive (I will never win $3K or 10K, I'll save it myself!). I think it's important to recognize good service (and complain when items are out of stock). Walgreens makes it easy since their employee's names are on the receipt. Rite Aid's surveys do not ask about their associates in their phone survey (why are these not available on-line?), overall, they focus on the store. If you want to give praise to an employee, you need to ask for a form that is behind the counter. I would like it better if they were out and easy to get to, but maybe having them behind the counter cuts down on complaints. Aside from surveys, I have been known to go to a store's website and fill out a customer service form. Safeway makes it easy; Fred Meyer does not. I need to figure out how to give positive feedback for my favorite Freddy's cashier!
Not only do I give praise unanimously, I tell the cashier/associate when they are doing a good job. I may not do it every time, but I try. Even if you're not on a first name basis with those you come into contact everyday, a little praise will go far!

No comments: