Jan 11, 2011

Effective Tool: Tools you use

Originally posted September 26, 2010

Effective Tools are items that I cannot live without. They make my life easier and save me money. The Effective Tool itself my not have been a steal, but there are somethings I am willing to pay for…or put on my Christmas list.


This effective tool is not so much about having an abundance of spatulas, measuring cups, measuring spoons, or cookie dough scoops, but having the tools you need when you need them.

I bake--a lot. Any chance I get I am baking. When I took the Wilton cake classes, I realized I needed more spatulas--especially when I made lots of frosting colors. Before that it was just of matter of having 3-4 spatulas for scraping batter out of bowls and not wanting to wash them in between bowls, pans, etc. The measuring spoons have been with me for years. When there is baking going on, I use one set for dry ingredients and one set for wet ingredients.

These tools were not bought in one day, it was a slow accumulation. I have always loved to cook. Some of these tools were gifts, some bought on sale and clearance, and some bought with coupons. Admittedly, it is hard to find kitchen items on clearance, but sales are abundant and when paired with a bonus coupon one can get a good deal. I brought spatulas, measuring cups and spoons with me to NY to make my sister's wedding cake (thank goodness I did!).

Here is some eye-candy for you to enjoy!

No comments: