Jan 28, 2011

Effective Tool: Little Helpers

Effective Tools are items that I cannot live without. They make my life easier and save me money. The Effective Tool itself my not have been a steal, but there are somethings I am willing to pay for...or put on my Christmas list.


Here are my little cherubs helping with the dishes. They enjoy this job. My son throws a fit when he cannot do this job! I know my little ones will age and lose the desire to help and I see it as my job to take full advantage while it lasts. No! My job is to cultivate their desire to help.
After putting my son down for nap yesterday my daughter saw me bringing the laundry up. I was not in the mood to fold laundry my goal for those few minutes was to put the laundry down and go read the paper. My daughter jumped up and said, "Can I help you fold laundry?" She was so excited and willing to help, so we spent the next half hour folding laundry. Admittedly, a 4 year old is not a great laundry folder, but she can sort and she's happy to take socks and put them away. She is also getting better at righting in-side out clothing--this skill takes a LOT of patience on my part and her part, but she's getting it! I loved spending time with her folding the laundry .

No comments: