Jan 10, 2011

Keep me out of the Dollar Store!

Originally posted April 24, 2010
I knew I was in trouble when my sister wanted to go in the Dollar Store after a quick trip to Trader Joe's. TJ's was easy--I needed castile soap and a cat scratcher. Both were in the budget and I walked out of TJ's without sampling the carrot muffins with cream cheese frosting.
The Dollar Store is problematic for me. First of all, I never know what they have and I never have a list. Secondly, some of the items are good deals and I LOVE a deal! I told my sister I would only spend $10 including tax, so that limited me to 9 items. I had 2 aprons, 4 coloring books, and 4 cards (2/$1). I could get one more thing. Then I saw the Sesame Street themed party items. Well, my little Elmo lover is turning 2 soon! Since I would have to get something anyway....
I was happy to find the eyeglass repair kit since I knew my husband wanted one. When I triumphantly showed him, he said he just wanted a jeweler's screwdriver. Hmmmm, I think that will cost more than $1. Travel toothbrush caps, spray on detangler, and emery boards were going to be purchased at some time. My "big" impulse buy was the bra hooks--they do NOT look like the ones on TV!
Finally, I actually was looking for another Turbie Twist. My mom uses them and I used one for the first time in January and I love them!! My daughter likes them too, so I bought a generic one for her in purple. I used to use a large towel to dry my hair and I don't any more! Using less towels = less laundry = less water used = more money saved!! I hang dry everything, so electricity for the dryer has not gone down.

No comments: