Jan 11, 2011

Effective Tool: Sock Box

Originally posted September 1, 2010
Effective Tools are items that I cannot live without. They make my life easier and save me money. The Effective Tool itself my not have been a steal, but there are somethings I am willing to pay for…or put on my Christmas list.


We started using a sock box almost two years ago. I don't bother putting socks in the kids' rooms--all socks get matched and placed in a box near the shoes in the closet. The time and frustration savings have been amazing. The sock box works for the kids right now since Bear doesn't care what color socks he wears and, although their shoe size is different, the socks fit them both pretty much the same. I always know where the socks are and there is no running up to their rooms at the last minute!
The sock box itself cost $1. Shoe box sized storage can either be found at the Dollar Tree or Big Lots for $1, or wait for a sale. I have seen shoe box storage boxes at both Target and Fred Meyers on sale for $1 or less--no coupon needed!

No comments: