Jan 11, 2011

ReStore Finds

Originally posted August 28, 2010

I do love the Habitat for Humanity ReStore--wish it was closer! The whole family went today--we were looking for door knobs and paint primer. The first thing I saw was two blue chairs. I have been looking for little chairs for the kids to go outside and it's too late in the season to get plastic chairs. These chairs are perfect--stackable and sturdy. Lots of doorknobs to be seen, but not what I wanted--maybe next time. Onto the paint! The two gallon cans are the same light pink color, which I plan to mix with a deep rose miss-mixed, or "oops", paint from Home Depot for the spare bedroom/office. I don't need to be in love with the color, I just need a brighter color--it's currently a flat, dull brown. I found a large container of gray primer, but I wanted a gallon or two of white primer. I also found some stacking bins for the garage for $1 each! Professor looked around at windows and cabinets and a rain barrel. He took measurements on a garden window for the kitchen and some cabinets. As he was measuring the window, I saw a 5 gallon bucket of white primer! This is more than I need, but for $15, you cannot beat the price! And who knows, I may use it all by the time I'm done!

After getting home and measuring the window and cabinet area, we realized we would have to wait on those items. I'm a little sad the cabinet will not fit the space, but there will be more cabinets. A quick check on-line at making rain barrels and where to get materials made me glad we did not jump on the rain barrel that was at the ReStore.

ReStore will be closed Saturday Sept 4 in observance of Labor Day.

Portland Metro ReStore
66 SE Morrison St
Portland OR 97214
503.283.6247 Map

Clark County Habitat ReStore
5000 E 4th Plain Blvd
Vancouver, WA 98661
360.213.1313 Map

Hours
9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Tuesday thru Saturday
donations until 4:30 p.m.

No comments: