Jan 11, 2011

A change

I have not liked the hosting site I was using for Saving in the Rain. I even took an html coding class--I learned a lot. The biggest lesson: I will not be writing my own code! The other thing I realized along the way: Saving in the Rain is not going to be a big site and I'm okay with that. My goal when I started was to help people and make some money. I made $40 in Amazon gift cards last year and while being truly honest with myself, I would continue posting if I made nothing. That will not stop me from posting referral links--a girl can try, right?


I have published 270 posts since I started on March 6, 2010. I moved 59 of them over--the ones I really like. I lost all links and most pictures--clearly, there is no budget here for web help! I will continue posting my favorite deals, but will not do match-ups since they are time consuming and you can get them from many, many, many blogs. The focus of Saving in the Rain is on helping others to become debt free. This means more of my own debt stories, posting useful advice, and sharing my lowest financial moments. It's easy to say that at 1am when the kids are asleep!

Speaking of my little ones, I must not let blogging and couponing over take me. It's easy to do, but my true job title is not blogger, it's Hug Giver-Food Preparer-Household CEO-Referee-Owy Kisser-Household Tidy Upper-Sassy Wife-Noise Reducer-Knitter-Believer-Household CFO-Friend-Photographer-Sister-Cake Decorator-Bath Giver-Cat Feeder-Mom-Daughter-Energy Saver-Driver-Degu & Fish Feeder-Lovey Finder-Jungle Gym-Kid Carrier-Money Saver. I reserve the right to edit my title at anytime!

If you stumbled across my site, WELCOME! If you've been with me for a while THANK YOU!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

And a good sister at that :)