Jan 10, 2011

Donations this week

Originally posted May 5, 2010
This is what I have to donate this week. Most of this was purchased yesterday, but there were things accumulating in my stockpile. There are 78 boxes of cereal in this picture--mostly healthy ones (Frosted Mini Wheats, Rice Krispies, Raisin Bran Extra, Crispix, Cascade Farm Organic, Fiber One)!! I don't have all my receipts in front of me to know what I spent, but I know the 12 boxes of Wheaties Fuel was 25¢, after factoring the $4 catalina. I paid $1.16 for the 4 boxes of Cascade Farm Organic Granola. My big splurge/oopps is the Cinnamon Toast Crunch. They were on sale for $2 each. I had a $1/2 coupon and two 55¢ e-coupons. Each box cost 70¢; that's a lot when you consider I received $7 in catalinas for every 4 boxes of cereal I purchased on Tuesday at Albertsons when my total was $3-$5, depending on coupons. I paid nothing or $1 for every 4 boxes after catalinas. Wow, for not having the receipts next to me, you can tell I like numbers and I just realized I purchased 78 boxes of cereal for an average of nothing. Other items I pulled from my stockpile include pasta, canned tomatoes, Hamburger Helper, Betty Crocker Potato mix, a can of fruit, Tree Top drink boxes and granola bars.
Where is this going? Some cereal will go to a local family. The rest will be split between Share House and Stamp Out Hunger. Go to your pantry and see what you can give!

No comments: