Jan 11, 2011

Effective Tool: Chest Freezer

Originally posted August 12, 2010

Effective Tools are items that I cannot live without. They make my life easier and save me money. The Effective Tool itself my not have been a steal, but there are somethings I am willing to pay for...or put on my Christmas list.



Thinking back to a time before we owned the chest freezer is painful! While we lived in the apartment, we had a sub par refrigerator. It was hard to keep two gallons of milk and there was no cheese or meat drawer, so we put in a small plastic 3-drawer unit to hold cheese and lunch meat. The freezer on that thing was sad. I think we lived in the apartment for one year and asked Professor's parents for a chest freezer for Christmas. It was a gift that keeps on giving! Now when butter, cheese, lunch meat, etc gets to my stock up price point I can! Plus there is plenty of room for 4+ loaves of bread that I buy in the clearance section every other week. Of course there is room for other items as well--I do love clearance meat and who doesn't like free Mission Tortillas?

This freezer came to us 3 years ago and has been invaluable. I love it so much we bought it a friend two weeks ago!

No comments: