Jan 10, 2011

Time for ME

Originally posted May 10, 2010
My Mother’s Day gift to myself was a day of couponing by MYSELF. Professor was home with the kids and I finally got out of the house at 2 pm; my goal was no later than 11 am. I decided to go into the far away tax-free land and not fight traffic trying to get home, so the Prof and kids were on their own for dinner. This is the second time I have missed dinner—ever. I have been late a few times, but missing dinner is a big deal here. Clearly the mommy guilt is getting to me as I type this….
So, where did I go with all my free time?!?
1 Fred Meyer, 1 Target, 3 different Safeways, 2 Rite Aid (only bought at one--would have done more, but forgot some coupons and items I had rainchecks for are still not available!), and 1 Walgreens.
So, what did I get with all my free time (and coupons and catalinas)?!?


The break down in no particular order and not by store:
5 loaves bread
14 bottles Multi Surface Windex
8 Scrubbing Bubbles that look like aliens
2 refills for said aliens
3 Schick Hydro razors
4 Motrin PM
4 Dove Ultimate deodorant
1 EOS shave cream
2 Old Spice Odor Blocker
4 Tresemmé Fresh Start
2 18 count eggs
2 bags gummi bears (one did not make it into the picture since I ate them)
1 canola oil
1 Foster Grant kids sunglasses
2 Nexcare comfort bandages
2 Soft Scrub
2 Kotex U
4 Purex 3-in-1
1 Lipton to go
2 Welches 100% juice
2 Capri Sun
3 Wacky Mac
2 lbs strawberries
3.36 lb asparagus
Most of this will not stay in my home. I don’t know who will get it, but it cannot live here. The best part for me was coming home this evening in time to read stories and sing Snuggle Puppy to the kids and then having the apartment QUIET. I took all my purchases out and tallied up the totals.
So, what did I spend during all my free time?!?
Target: used $5.96 on a gift card and received a $5 gift card
Rite Aid: spent $4.56. I am still kicking myself because I forgot to hand over 2 $1 Kotex coupons!!! I will receive $5 in single check rebates.
Walgreens: used $3 Register Reward, spent 76¢, and received $5 RR
Safeway: used $36 in catalinas, spent $1.02, received $48 in catalinas (gave $3 to the lady behind me after my last transaction when I used the $10 off $50 coupon on a large order)
Fred Meyer: spent $2.70 on 5 loaves of bread and hung out at the coupon exchange basket for awhile
In cash I spent $9.04—technically, I spent $10 if you count the 96¢ difference in gift cards at Target. I will get back $5 from Rite Aid and I sill have catalinas to spend at Walgreens and Safeway.

No comments: